Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Dark Horse, Raven and Nightmare in the Haunted Forest

I finally got around into editing these photos of Raven Queen and Nightmare (Headmistress
Bloodgood's horse) in the haunted forest and since I did put a little more work than usual into
these I decided I would share a before and after here on our blog :-)

Dark Horse on Flickr:
Dark Horse

And here's the before:

 A little close-up pict :-)

Before editing:
I just adjusted the lights and darks playing with contrast and then I played with the hues
so the colours would appear more vibrant and warm (look at those browns!).

I think that somehow I re-created the haunted forest scene in Disney's Snow White 
(when I was a child I used to think that scene was so creepy and scary but cool too!):
Original Disney concept art by Gustaf Tenggren.
The dress is from one of our BeGoths dolls, Storm:
Poker Face

 Let's give Nightmare some love with our pictures of her!
A lot of collectors seem not to be fans of Headmistress' horse :-/
they say she's bulky and that it's a shame she's not articulated (unlike Avea Trotter).
I personally think Nightmare's colours are gorgeous and she looks lovely in photos:
Bloodgood & Nightmare
Headless Headmistress Bloodgood and Nightmare <3
Headless Rider

Here's our Sleepy Hollow themed picture of them (Bloodgood is the daughter
of the main character, The Headless Horseman, in the classic American novel).
Sleepy Hollow

Hmmm I think I might have been inspired by Disney again LOL
Screenshot of Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949)
But I love Tim Burton's adaptation more :-)

Last but not least I'll share a snapshot of the first photo's Adjustment/Layers
for those who could be interested:
(You can skip reading this part unless you're into Photoshop).
Signature is turned off on this one since I don't put it for Flickr.
I used a Vignette effect to darken the corners of the photo so the forest looks more scary and mysterious.
 The Curves adjustment layer was used to adjust the colours.
Here there are 2 Levels adjustment layers, one was used to brighten the photo and the other to darken
the forest.
With Hue/Saturation I made the colours more vibrant.
I brightened the eyes on the Eyes layer and I also fixed some hair flyaways and stuff.
Background is the original photo.
...
Hope you enjoyed this post ^__^

Love <3
Mariko.

1 comment:

  1. me encanta cómo ha quedado la foto! el caballo si te soy sincera es la primera vez que me fijo bien en él en fotos, porque ni en persona me he llegado a parar a mirarlo... pero creo que aunque de color y forma es bonito, articulado hubiese ganado muchísimos puntos y muchísimas más posibilidades de cara a hacerle fotos. igual más adelante se animan y lo sacan articulado, nunca se sabe ^_^

    ReplyDelete